Mentors on ABCN programs are required to apply for a Working With Children Check (WWCC) number. The steps below guide you through this process and the number is valid for 5 years. No fee applies for volunteers. Please allow up to 4 weeks for it be issued following Step 6.
1. Applicants fill out an online application form.
2 Choose ‘Apply for your check’.
3. Enter personal, contact, address and birth details as requested. The next question relates to the purpose of the check, and you are to select the 3rd option ‘Volunteer’, followed by ‘Education’ in the Child related sector (see below).
4. On clicking Next (bottom right hand of screen), you are taken to a Consent page. Review the information and check the required boxes before clicking Submit.
5. You will receive an Application number (APP) by email. Take your number and proof of identity to a ServiceNSW Service Centre, a NSW motor registry, or a NSW Council Agency offering RMS services. They will validate your identity and progress your application for further processing.
6. Upon processing and clearance of your application, a WWC number will be sent to you by email. Please allow up to 4 weeks for this step.
NOTE: Some activities (such as the Accelerate program and unsupervised activities such as unskilled volunteering) may require a completed copy of Appendix 11, which includes listing the 100 points proof of ID. Anticipate advance notice from your business ABCN champion if this is a requirement.
Please contact us on 02 8988 6850 or by using the form below:" }
Please enter your details below.