Mentors on ABCN programs are required to apply for a Working With Vulnerable People (WWVP) registration card. The steps below guide you through this process. The card lasts for 3 years and no fee applies for volunteers. Please allow up to 4 weeks for it to be issued following Step 9.
1. Visit Access Canberra and click ‘Apply for registration’ (top left)
2. Read the information on the next two pages (About this form, and Privacy statement) before selecting Continue.
3. Provide your personal details as requested. Use your personal address and disregard fields not relevant, such as building type/floor/name.
4. When you reach the section headed Employment Type, select ‘No’ in relation to a public vehicle license, and select ‘Volunteer’ under employment type.
5. Under Requested Registration Type, select option 2, ‘Conditional registration to work with children only’.
6. After you complete contact and address details, select ‘No’ when asked about providing details for your regulated activity employer/organisation, then select continue.
7. The bar below indicates the remaining data pages to complete. Although self-explanatory, be aware that:
8. Upon clicking submit, you are given a reference number and instructed to attend an Access Canberra Service Centre located at Belconnen, Gungahlin, Tuggeranong or Woden to provide proof of your identity, sign the consent form and have your photo taken.
9. You can then expect to receive your WWVP registration card by post after Access Canberra has assessed your application and approved it. Please allow 4 weeks for this component.
Please contact us on 02 8988 6850 or by using the form below:" }
Please enter your details below.